Saturday, July 13, 2013

A Quilt Journey - Wonky Log Cabin


Wonky Log Cabin

I love to buy books on quilting and sewing; however, I feel a little guilty about letting them collect dust. That said, I'm challenging myself to work through the many books and magazines by doing at least one selected project from each one. This journey will be ongoing…

I think  The Modern Quilting Bee Block Party book by Alissa Haight Carlton and Kristen Lejnieks is a good place to start. I've completed the first block. My paper pieced wonky log cabin doesn't have the zing factor.   I'm already at the point where I need to decide to scrap it or modify it. Think I'm going to go down the modification road. This happens to me all the time.



Modified

I decided to chop the block into four smaller blocks. I think I like it a little better…
Now should I create something with the four little blocks or continue with the book and see what happens. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I love the completely random look that chopping it gives--makes people think "HOW did you make that?"

    ReplyDelete