Saturday, August 31, 2013

Finished Christa's Quilt Along Quilt!




Living life on the threshold of the "Golden Years" is not exactly life in the slow lane. I'm caring for my three young grandsons (6 months, 3 years, and 5 years) during the week. This time with them is truly  a gift from God, and I am thankful for every minute with them. Even though the buckaroos keep me hopping, I manage to squeeze some time in the wee hours to work on sewing projects.  It's been a great experience participating in the Christa's quilt along. The quilt is not perfect; however, it mirrors how something can still be lovely even with its flaws. All of the fabrics were purchased while vacationing out west this summer. Kentucky, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, and Oklahoma are represented along  with fond memories of my husband and our little dog traveling together.


stitch by stitch



5 comments:

  1. Here's your high - 5 for a fantastic finish! The colors are stunning and a the quilting adds tons of great texture. Thanks for linking up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if keeping up with your grandsons doesn't keep you young, then I don't know what will. They will have fond memories of you taking care of them. Love the quilt! The colors really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if keeping up with your 3 grandsons doesn't keep you young, then I don't know what will! They will have fond memories of you taking care of them. The quilt is lovely and I love the bright pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a grandma too. I like to take care of the grand children when ever possible. I love every minute with them. Glad you even find time to sew, because this quilt is a beauty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete